Monday, June 11, 2012

200 Day Mark on Sunday

Hello Everyone,
This week has been really crazy. We've taught a ton of lessons, but no real hope of anyone new progressing though. We did find a lot of new families. We started teaching like 14 new people. I hope it goes well. It is miserable here though. I never had any idea that it could be this cold in Africa. The apartment has no insulation or weather stripping so you can still feel the wind even when you're inside sometimes, so most of the time we are home we are huddled around the little heaters that we have, but we're about to run out of electricity, so we'll see how it goes. I don't think I've ever been so cold. It's the strangest thing. I mean, I am in Africa.
I did see something funny this week though. I walked into this shack that is probably 10x8 and there were like 4 Africans huddled around a little heater watching Roots on a massive plasma screen tv. It was rediculous. I don't think a lot of these people have their priorities very straight.
I did get some good news though this week. The mail strike is finally over so in one day I got like 5 letters which was awesome.
I just wanted to say thank you everyone for the letters again. Sorry there aren't really any inspiring or funny stories this week. But at least I don't have as much to vent about either.
Peace out.
Elder Balmforth




No comments:

Post a Comment