Monday, April 22, 2013

April 22.2013

Family,
I'm sorry for not writing last week. Things were a little bit hectic and all over the place. I hope you forgive me.
This week was pretty uneventful. We haven't had water all week. I think this has bee the longest that we've been without water here. We're going to have to start going to the store and just buying bottles of water.
It's finally starting to cool down a lot too. We've actually begun to turn off the fans around the house and wear sweaters in the mornings. It's been a nice change of pace. I hope it doesn't get as cold here as it does in South Africa though.
We finally had the chance to watch the Sunday sessions of conference this week. they were pretty awesome. I really liked L. Tom Perry's and D. Todd Christopherson's talks. I think Elder Christopherson is my favorite of the 12. He's a super classy guy. I'd like to be like him someday, or at least be able to understand all of the words he uses. 
I really liked the boldness of all of the speakers, especially the 12. It was inspiring.
Elder Fraga was able to talk to his family last night because they're going to be out of the U.S. for mother's day. I'm glad that he was able to talk to them, but it made me really miss home and talking with all of you. I get to call in less than 3 weeks now though.
I love and miss you all.
Elder Balmforth

No comments:

Post a Comment