Monday, November 4, 2013

November 4. 2013

Family,
So this is my last week in Lenyenye. Actually, Thursday is my last day there. Friday afternoon Elder Dalton and I will begin the long drive to Johannesburg where we will spend the night with President and Sister Omer in the mission home. Saturday morning we, and the rest of the departing missionaries, will be going to the Johannesburg temple for the last time right before I have my final interview with President Omer. We'll then go to church somewhere around there and do some final things that Monday before I see Dad and Grandpa. It's strange that I have finally come to this point.
This week was good, but long. The highlight was being able to hear Elder and Sister Bednar speak to our mission. It was really cool. He taught us about learning by faith, and as missionaries, how we can best help others to learn by faith. Which basically means to learn by acting, and not just by being acted upon. It was really cool. When I get home I'll have to tell you all about it.
We also were able to watch the Saturday afternoon session of General Conference which was pretty awesome. I'm not going to be able to see the rest of conference until I get home though.
We also had two baptisms, Ben and Ryan, this week which was really cool. They're both really cool people and we have high hopes for the both of them.
This week is going to go by fast. We still have a bunch of teaching appointments to get to this week. I feel bad for Elder Dalton. I've never been the final companion to a departing missionary, but I can imagine that it makes you long for home.
I love and miss you all. I can't wait to see you all in less than two weeks now.
Elder Balmforth

No comments:

Post a Comment