Monday, December 19, 2011

December 19. 2011

Hello,
I finally left the MTC!! I also got my first real companion. His name is Elder Blake and he is from Virginia. I was so glad. I was so worried because I wanted an American at first. Anyway my companion has only been out for 3 months and he's already training. I'm in an area called Alberton and I'll be here for at least 4.5 months. It is totally not what I expected at all. It is the richest, whitest place in the world. It is like the Beverly Hills of South Africa. I've never seen so many BMWs, Mercedes, Audis and even Ferrari's and Lambo's in my life. It's crazy. Because all of the people are rich and white, none of them want to hear anything about the gospel because they think they have it all figured out, so we don't have very many investigators. So we spend the majority of our time tracting, which you wouldn't think would be so bad except that all of the houses here are huge and have crazy electric and spiked fences with like 10 guard dogs each. I hate dogs. I have a theory that the fences here aren't made to keep people out, they're made to kill you if you try to get in. And because of the fences and dogs we can't even knock on people's doors, we have to talk to them through these stupid little call boxes on their driveway entrances. And when people aren't looking you in the eyes it is a lot easier for them to shut you down. I'm really starting to hate white people, seriously. The only nice people here are the black ones, but we cant teach any of them because they all live outside our area and we only have bikes even though our area is huge.

I have taught a couple of lessons though. But they were to investigators that we already had before I got here. Even though I've only done it a few times I'm already a lot better than I thought I would be. I also went to my first barbeque (Braai) where another missionary in my district and I had a wrestling match and I accidentally gave him a bloody nose. His name is Elder Beenfield. I like most of the missionaries here in my zone, and it makes it a lot easier to be here with people to talk to who get me. On Saturday we got to go to the Temple again but I left my recommend at my flat so Elder Blake and I had to wait around the Temple grounds and distribution center for like 3 hours.

I also went to the Alberton branch for the first time on Sunday. The members are all really nice, but since the holidays are here, there was only literally a hand full of people there. I also had to get up and give a talk with like no notice, but it went ok.

Overall I like it here. My legs are going to be huge by the time I leave here because we're on bikes and every appointment we set up is on the opposite side of town than where we currently are.

I found out that at least for the next 4.5 months I will be in an area where I can get and print emails, so that is going to be the fastest way to get a hold of me.

I've really been learning a lot and even though I've not been here very long the way I see things is completely different. Please to your best to obey and do everything that you are supposed to. Even if it seems really small and insignificant. I can't stress how important all of this is. I just love and care for you all so much. And I miss you all a ton. And I want to be with you all forever. I love you all so much. Thank you for all the letters.

Also If someone could please send me a couple of things. I need black athletic type socks(preferably moisture wicking, these church socks aren't doing it for me.). I'd also really appreciate an electric shaver, a couple of tie bars and some more ties.

About Christmas calls:

Dad-I'm going to call you on Christmas Eve at around 230pm Eastern time, so please be home. I only have a few minutes left on our phone, so I'm going to have to give you my number when I call you and have you call me back.

Mom/Kelsie-I'm going to call you on Christmas at around 1000am Mountain time, and I'm going to let you guys figure out where to meet up. Kelsie's number is the only one I remember so I will be calling her phone. Please make sure that you guys answer and are together.











No comments:

Post a Comment