Saturday, December 3, 2011

Week Two

Dear Everyone,
I'm sorry that I won't have time to reply to everyone's emails right now. While I'm here in the MTC I only have 30 minutes every week to write letters including reading all of your letters. It's actually a pretty stressful event. It's fun being here, except that it is a lot what I thing spirit prison is like. There are bars on the windows and a spiked fence all the way around the property with security guards and such, and our schedule is very strict with people teaching us about the gospel constantly. My companion's name is Elder Masaya (from Zimbabwe), and while I thought it would be cool to have an African companion.. We really don't get along very well. He's pretty much the polar opposite of me. Yes, skin tone also. Other than that, all of the other Elders in my district (8 Elders in my room, and the only 2 sisters here) are really fun to be around. I think they're trying to make me fat because they feed us 4 huge meals a day, and the rest of the time we spend sitting in class. We also keep having to teach fake investigators all the time, even though none of us really know anything and we don't have senior companions to save us when we talk ourselves into a corner. I feel like we're all being given final exams on the first day of class, and none of the teachers will give us any answers. They just tell us to figure it out. Yesterday was awesome though because we had a real referral come in to talk to Elder Masaya and I about the church. It went awesome. I've never felt the spirit like that. We had all the answers and right things to say to him. It was one of the coolest things ever. We also went to the Johannesburg temple for the first time on tuesday and its tiny. The endowment room could only fit a maximum of like 15 people. The whole temple seemed miniature. We also were able to do some sealings which was new. My time is just about up, I'll have more time to write and answer questions and stuff when I get out of the MTC. I love you all. Thanks for all the letters.
Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment