Tuesday, April 10, 2012

April 10. 2012


Ola,
This week was a pretty good one. I am still way more than ready to leave Alberton though. This area is just rediculous and I feel bad for any missionary, especially any new missionary who gets to serve here. It's a nice place to live if you're not trying to do missionary work, but if you are it might as well be some barren wasteland.
We did teach a few good lessons, but I have no idea whether or not they will bring any converts. I'm trying to stay hopeful though. Apart from all the tracting, it was a pretty interesting week though.

On Monday we went to a China Mall, which is this massive warehouse type shopping center filled to the brim with cheap chinese knock off stuff. Every little shop inside it has the same crap, you just have to search all of them to find who has the cheapest prices. I didn't buy much, but I did get an awesome pair of legit brass knuckles though. I also got a hat like Eddie from Christmas Vacation for R100, which is only like $12. It's also pretty sweet and I wear it all of the time because it's starting to get freezing cold here.
On Tuesday we had interviews with President Omer. I really enjoy talking to him. He's one of the nicest guys in the world, and if I get anywhere close to the person he is in my life I'll be well on my way to the Celestial Kingdom.
Not much happened on Wednesday, but on Thursday we got brand new bikes which makes a world of difference in our daily mini-marathons. It was a surprise too. The Zone Leaders just showed up with them one morning when I was on my way to Alexandra for exchanges which turned out to be pretty crazy too. I was with my District Leader, Elder Madsen, in this township and somehow we ended up speaking at some memorial service for some non members who we'd never even met before. That wasn't even the weird part. We spoke after their pastor woman finished her little speach on Psalms 23. I read a verse out of the Book of Mormon and just didn't tell them where I was reading the scripture from. It was pretty awesome.
That is all the interesting stuff that happened really, other than we were dropped by some investigators this week in a strange way. The manager of he retirement village where they lived, called us and told us that we were making his tenants feel uncomfortable, which is a lie because the only time we met with them they talked more than we did. I think they just showed one of the pamphlets we gave them to someone who started filling their head with stories. It was pretty lame but it's ok.
I couldn't write yesterday really because of the Easter holiday, but some of the missionaries in my Zone got together and we played a pretty intense game of risk, which was awesome.
Anyway, I love and miss you all and am so grateful for all of the letters and emails. Transfer meeting is on Tuesday the 17th. Pray for me that I get transferred.
Elder Balmforth








No comments:

Post a Comment