Monday, April 23, 2012

April 23. 2012

Hello Everyone,
I was finally transferred. Which is really good and kind of lame news. It's awesome because I finally left Alberton and I get to experience a township called Munsieville, but it's like the only walking area in the entire mission. Just in time for winter too. I love it though.
My new companion's name is Elder Peterson, from Utah of course, but so far he's my favorite companion. We get along great. We're like the same person which is awesome. 
We also moved to a 4 man flat, which is temporarily a 5 man flat because one of the new missionaries is waiting for his Zimbabwe visa still. It's way tight and we all share the same shower in the morning which is hectic. It's like a race every morning to not have the cold shower at the end. The last missionaries destroyed the flat too. It was nasty and we threw away so much crap. It was ridiculous. And as you could probably guess, they treated the area the same way. That's kind of why we're white washing it. A lot of the members we talk too don't really have anything nice to say about the last missionaries. We pretty much have no teaching pool, and the area book was horrible when we found it. It would've almost been the same if we didn't have an area book at all. We're doing our best to fix it though.
However, even with all of these problems, I still love the area a ton already. It's so much nicer to teach people who are humble. The best part though is not having to talk to people from the far side of their gate with their dogs going crazy. It's pretty awesome. The area is pretty sketchy though, so we are trying to be really careful. Even during the day, somehow, I'm a magnet for drunk people. I don't know why, but they won't stop hugging me. One guy, I don't know if he was drunk or not, punched both me and Elder Peterson in the chest a few nights ago which really caught me off guard. I didn't know what to do, but he just walked away after that. 
Thank you for all of the prayers and letters. I'll let you know more about the area as I find things out. I love and miss you all. Don't forget to pray, read your scriptures and go to ALL of church.
Elder Balmforth

No comments:

Post a Comment