Monday, August 20, 2012

August 20. 2012

Hello everyone,
Yes, I'm finally getting transferred. I'm having a lot of mixed emotions about it though. It's turning out to be a lot harder than I initially thought that it would be. I thought that I was ready but as I tried to say goodbye to everyone I realized how unready I really am. There is this family named the Mejes who we are teaching, and the mother, Rachel, cried the whole last couple of days that I've been here. She fasted and prayed that I would stay and get transferred, but she stopped because she said she was answered that other people needed me elsewhere. The coolest and funniest part about this whole situation is that she named her new born child after me. Awesome, I know.
I'm excited to be leaving though still. This area has been really hard for me, especially training. My comp has been really hard for me to deal with a lot of the time. He's a good guy, we're just not the same at all. I have no idea where I'm going, but I hope that I get to go up to Botswana. The mission has been having a lot of trouble with getting residency for the missionaries who are up there so I think that there might be a good chance of me going because a lot of the missionaries there are having to come down. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed.
Today we went to chameleon village, a place where you barter for African things that was really cool. I ended up mostly trading stuff that I had that I don't use. All you really have to do is say "I brought this from America" and the people jump all over it. The people in the little market are crazy con artists though. I bought this traditional African shirt for some slacks and R150, but he originally started out trying to get me to pay R1500 for it. 
Anyway, I forgot the cord for my camera or I would have sent more pictures. 
I love and miss you.
Peace out.
Elder Balmforth

No comments:

Post a Comment