Wednesday, August 1, 2012

July 30.2012

Hello Everyone,
This week has been really crazy, and I don't have like any time to reply to emails or anything, so I'm sorry that this will be short.
This week has been really hard. We have picked up a crazy awesome new investigator. His name is Isaac, but he's very prepared I think. He's 21 and is doing very well and actually does the things that we invite him to do. He's awesome. Lucky moved away and doesn't have a phone so we have no idea where he really is, I hope he shows up again. One of our most promising investigators' status in the country turned out to not be legal and so we're not going to be able to baptize him until he goes home to Zim, and gets everything legal. It may take a long time, which kind of hurt when I found out.
We have a family that we're teaching whose names are Mandla and Jennifer who are so promising, but who are turning out to be a real challenge since they are so involved in their own church. If you pray for anyone, pray for them.
I'm so excited to move to a new area. It's really likely that I'll be leaving in the next couple of weeks because I'm going to be done with training my son. It's going to be awesome to not have someone looking to me for an answer and have all of the weight of an area on my shoulders alone for a change. It's been good though. I really have learned a lot in this area. We've continued to work hard even thought it's been really difficult without much result. I'm doing my best to stay positive though.
I love and miss you all.
Elder Balmforth

No comments:

Post a Comment