Monday, November 12, 2012

November 12. 2012

Hello,
Last week we went to the Soweto Towers on pday. They are these 2 power plant towers that have graffiti all over and they have this elevator that goes all the way to the top where you can bungee jump off. We aren't allowed to do that, but it was still really awesome because you get this crazy cool view of Soweto. I'll try and attach pictures.
This week has been kind of slow trying to get my companion to tract ans stuff, but we did pick up some new investigators and one really awesome father led family called the Madi family, and we had the most amount of investigators at church this sunday that we've had since I've been here. It was awesome because they all seemed to have loved it. I hope it turns out well.
Another awesome part is that we actually got fed a ton this week by surprise. A ton of the people we visited this week just happened to have prepared food for us when we got there which is awesome since I can't cook at all..
We also had a chance to go to the temple for like the first time in almost 6 months. It was awesome. I can't wait until I get to go all of the time when I get home. It's going to be sweet.
I got some crazy news this week. Transfers are on Tuesday and apparently Elder Anyoso is leaving and not me. Strange right. That means that I'm going to have 3 companions in this area at least. President Omer said that I'm getting a good companion though. However I don't know if that really means anything because he has to say that about everyone. He's also making me a District leader. Lame because of the extra responsibility, but awesome because it means that my current Nazi District leader is leaving. hooray!..
In other news, with all of the new missionary changes they are going to be having missionaries only stay in the mtc for 2 weeks instead of 3 so they are changing the transfer schedule which means I'm going to be coming home 2 weeks earlier than we thought before. That's about it though.
I love and miss you all. Have an awesome week.
Elder Balmforth
























No comments:

Post a Comment