Tuesday, August 13, 2013

August 13. 2013

Family,
Thank you for all of the birthday wishes. It was really fun. In fact the reason that I couldn't write yesterday is because we had the chance to go to Kruger National Park. It was awesome. It was like a safari where we were able to see wild buffalo, zebra, deer, wart hogs, a leopard, giraffe, and a ton of elephants and hippos. In fact we ended up in the middle of this whole herd of elephants, big and small. Our truck made one of the elephants that we came across mad and it started to make a big scene about our presence. It was really cool. I'll try to send the pictures next week as I don't have a lot of time today.
We had a zone conference in Johannesburg where we watched the new mission president seminar the work of salvation. It was really cool. I loved it. I'm so glad that the presidency decided to show it to the whole church. If you haven't seen it yet, you should.
I was also able to meet my new companion Elder Dalton when I went down. He's from Monroe, UT, is twenty years old and is about six months on mission so far. He's a really cool guy though and I like him a lot. He might be my last, how crazy is that? And, as of today I have only thirteen weeks left. Ninety-two days. One week left of the transfer, and only two more transfers. It feels so weird. Good, but weird.
We also had a good week at church. We're meeting in our chapel again finally, although we can only have sacrament meeting because the entire building isn't finished yet. It was good though. We had the confirmation of Joel who was baptised last week which was cool, and a bunch of our investigators showed up again, even some new ones.
I love and miss you all so very much. I hope your week was as good as mine was. 
Elder Balmforth

No comments:

Post a Comment