Monday, August 19, 2013

August 19. 2013

Family,
We've finally reached the end of another transfer. Only two left now. That means twelve weeks, crazy right?
I love my new companion, he's probably one of my very favorites that I've had thus far. Actually, he'll probably be my last unless something strange happens. We get along really well though. And, Elder Kavindja, from the other companionship that lives with us is leaving, and we're not exactly sad to see him go. So, all in all, it was a good week.
Our turnout at church this week wasn't anything special, but it was still good. We are still very blessed, and the area is many times better than when I first arrived. It was also good to be back to a normal church schedule again, now that the roof of the chapel is finished.
We did our Mormon helping hands project on Saturday. It was actually a lot of fun to get out and do some service. Nice not to wear Sunday clothes for once. Elder Dalton and I did work, the other two missionaries are some of the laziest guys I've seen though. But it's OK, we're having a change tomorrow.
Next week we have our district conference, and since we live in a mission dependent district, President Omer is like the Stake President, so I get to see him again this week. I like that guy a lot.
Anyway, I love and miss you all. See you soon.
Elder Balmforth

No comments:

Post a Comment