Monday, August 5, 2013

August 5.2013

Family,
This week was a good one. We had a baptism for a boy that we've been teaching named Joel yesterday. He's from a part member family. He showed up late and freaked us out though. Punk. The actual baptism and program went smoothly though.
We also had a lot of investigators at church again. The ones we have are coming quite consistently now and most of them are scheduled for baptism at the end of September. It should be good. And all the investigators that came to church stayed afterward to attend the baptism which was really cool.
On Saturday we received a call from President Omer informing us that my companion Elder Pedersen is being transferred early. Apparently some of the missionaries that are supposed to be going to Zimbabwe are having problems obtaining visas, so our mission is temporarily absorbing them until the problem can be sorted out. So they have to shift us around to make it all happen. My new companion's name is Elder Dalton, and yes it's a different Dalton from my second companion. I'll meet him on Thursday when we are going down to Johannesburg for a Zone Conference. He's from the same group as Elder Pedersen, and he tells me that he's a really cool guy. From what I understand though, he's huge.
Other news, Elder Bednar is coming to visit my mission in October so odds are that I'll meet another Apostle. Crazy right?.
That's all folks. I love and miss you all.
Peace out.
Elder Balmforth

No comments:

Post a Comment