Monday, July 16, 2012

July 16.2012

Howzit?
Hello everyone. This week has been relatively uneventful in terms of crazy things happening. We have had some crazy cool lessons happening though.
Tuesday was the last day of the transfer and one of the Elders in my flat, Elder Calaway, left. The new missionary in the flat is from Grantsville, UT and his name is Elder Richeson. He goes home in like 4.5 months, but he's really cool. I like him a lot. This is probably my last transfer in Munsieville also. It's going to be refreshing to leave, but sad also since all of the investigators that we have that are progressing are probably not going to be baptized until the transfer that I leave. There is a lot of them now. It's been really hard working with the mess that the previous missionaries had left us, but now we're starting to pick up a lot of really awesome investigators. And I feel like we're starting to get the branch to function a lot better now too. It's so strange that here, missionaries are almost vital to the function of wards and branches in the townships.
The only funny thing that has been happening, is that the guy who tried to kill Lucky is always around and we say hi to him all the time. We actually helped him with a little bit of work he was doing in his shack the other day. It's really strange.
Also, it has been the coldest that it has been since I've been in Africa over the last couple of days. It's so wierd that there is no snow here but it seems to me to be even colder than at home.
Anyway, I love and miss you all. I'm going to start taking pictures I promise.
Elder Balmforth

No comments:

Post a Comment