Monday, July 23, 2012

July 23.2012

This week has been crazy, we set a record for the number of investigators that I've ever had at church, taught a ridiculous amount of lessons, and our schedule is already booked almost solid for the entire week ahead. It has taken a long time, but I feel like the area is really finally starting to take off. It's so cool. I hope I get to see some baptisms while I'm here though, if not I think there will be a lot in the weeks after I go.
The thing that I have been noticing lately, is how true it is that the Lord is truly in control. I keep finding myself in situations where it feels as thought the Spirit has truly led us and set up the situation according to the needs of the people that we are finding. I have never really realized the omniscience of God. It's hard to explain, but it God is really in control. It's kind of comforting and discouraging at the same time because He already knows where each of us is going to end up as a result of our decisions. It's not that Heavenly Father has already set what is going to happen, but rather he knows us so well, that he knows what will happen. You all may have already figured this out, but it's new to me and I'm still trying to grasp the concept completely.
I have been seeing so many blessings lately, and I have been getting better and better at teaching and helping others. I still have lots and lots of room to improve, but looking at where I was, and where I am now helps to make me feel better.
Sorry that not much has really happened this week to talk about, but I am really grateful for all of your support and the letters and emails from home. They help the time move by faster.
I love and miss you all.
Elder Balmforth

No comments:

Post a Comment