Monday, July 9, 2012

July 8, 2012

Hello,
Well this is the last week of the transfer, which means that I'll most likely only be training my son for 6 more weeks and then I get to peace out to a new area. Whitewashing and training in this area has been really hard. There have been a lot of missionaries here who have kind of trashed the image of the church in the minds of the people here. It's really sad, but we're beginning to see the fruits of our labors finally. We've gone from almost no investigators at church to loads each week, and less active members too. It's really cool, we have, finally, a bunch of people that I am very confident will be baptized and will strengthen the church here in Munsieville. If not while I am here, then probably very shortly after. It's still really hard, but it's nice when you can see that your work is paying off a little bit.
I injured my knee while playing sports for a district activity after district meeting on friday. It hurts pretty bad, especially because I have to walk such long distances because I'm in the only strictly walking area in the mission. I had to go and get it x-rayed yesterday, and I have to get it checked out again tomorrow just to make sure everything is ok. It's not hurting quite as bad anymore but is still pretty stiff and swollen. I'll be ok though.
There has been a lot of success this week, even though I've been limping around the area the last few days. The only really interesting story is that one of our investigators, Bheki (Daniel), hasn't been able to make it to church since we began teaching him and his friends because he works on Sundays, and it's been really hard for him because he sincerely has a testimony of the things which we have been teaching him. We've been counseling him to pray and ask our Heavenly Father what to do over the last little while though. Finally on Friday he got up the nerve to just quit his job so he could attend church with us, and shortly after on the same day he was given a job where he doesn't have to work on Sundays. It was awesome. Especially since we'd been talking with him about how Heavenly Father does hear and answer prayers. This Sunday was the first that he attended with us and he seemed to really be into it and participated, and listened and read and asked for all of the manual that we read out of during class so that he can finish reading the lessons over the week. It was pretty awesome. I know we hear stories like this all the time, but it was so cool to see it happen first hand.
I recieved a bunch of packages this week. Thank you so much, it made me feel awesome to get them all. I love and miss you all.
Sorry that I haven't taken any good pictures in a while.
Elder Balmforth

No comments:

Post a Comment