Monday, January 28, 2013

January 28. 201

FAMILY!,
I'm finally in Botswana! And it's freaking awesome. It took me like 2 days to get from Soweto to my new area here. I'm in a village called Molepolole, and it's one of the biggest villages in all of Botswana. Botswana is the land of 2 million people and 3 million donkeys. I'm way out in the bush, it's like I'm camping in my area. It's all little quad sized dirt roads throughout the whole area and everyone rides around in these little donkey pulled karts everywhere. I stay in a pretty big house with another companionship, but it's still like I'm camping because there is like never any water and it's like a million degrees out side and we're always dirty because we're working in the bush. I love it though. The only thing that could make this place more awesome is if I had my shotgun.
My companion is from Kenya, and his name is Elder Naku and he's like 25. He's ok. I've heard some horror stories about him, but so far he's ok. I'm hoping for the best. 
Bots is awesome, except that yet again I'm starting from scratch in this area. We almost literally have no one in our teaching pool right now, and literally no one that is ready to get baptized anytime soon. I feel like a clean up crew for other missionaries areas that they've destroyed. That part sucks, but everything else is pretty awesome. At least I left a ton of awesome people to teach in Soweto. That comforts me a lot.
Only like 9 months left. It's crazy to think, but I'm way excited to see everyone again. I love and miss you all.
Elder Balmforth

















































No comments:

Post a Comment