Monday, January 7, 2013

January 7. 2013

hello family and others,
I hope that you all had an awesome new year. I also hope that none of you spent it like all the people in soweto spend it... crazy drunk... not a pretty site. The worst part is how all the drunk guys seeing you and trying to give you a hug and shake your hand immediately after you witnessed them relieving themselves in the middle of the street in front of a bunch of children. Other than that it was great for us. It has been crazy hot here. Some of the hottest days I've experienced. It's so wierd to sweat in January.
My stay in soweto is coming to a close. There's like a 95 percent chance that I will be leaving on the 22nd. It's ok though. I'm sad though because we've found and are teaching a bunch of really awesome families. We had an awesome family named Gideon and Gloria come to church yesterday, which was pretty awesome. I'll be sad to leave them, but I am ready for a change of scenery. I'm hoping that Presiden Omer will send me up to Botswana. I've been hinting at it to him.
Desmond was confirmed this week. He finally came back from Limpopo this week. He's still doing really well.
It's strange getting back into a regular work and teaching schedule after the holidays with everyone being gone. It's nice at the same time though.
The only real horrible thing that I heard about this week is that apparently you can't buy or sell guns on ksl anymore. I'm pretty heart broken about it. Now I have to pay taxes on all of my firearms. Dang it.
Anyway, I love and miss you all and hope that you have another awesome week.
Elder Balmforth

No comments:

Post a Comment