Monday, February 25, 2013

February 25. 2013


Dumela,
This week was freaking hot. I've never sweat so much just sitting still. It's ridiculous. I hope I'm here for the winter, apparently it's pretty mild so that would be awesome.
News. Botswana is going to be separating from the Joburg mission on July 1st. I don't know if I'll still be here or not, but probably since the church just spent a ton of money applying for a residency permit for me. Botswana and Namibia will be one mission. So if I do stay I could potentially serve in 2 missions and 3 countries. That would be pretty cool. It would suck to be separated from a bunch of the friends that I've made in the Joburg mission though. And I like my mission president here a lot too.  If it happens I'll be getting another mission call in the next few months though, so I'll let you know if anything happens.
I feel a lot better this week. The antibiotics the doctor gave me knocked out whatever was going on inside of me pretty quick. I'm glad. I felt like my head was going to explode. I probably just picked up something from our flat because it's pretty nasty, and it's anyone's guess what animals are creeping around inside of it at night. One thing for sure, cockroaches, and a lot of them.
I went on exchanges twice this week which was a really nice break. Even though one of them was in my own area and I still had to run it. I hope this next week goes by fast.
I'm still reading the old testament. I'm not doing it straight. I just add some reading in here and there around my study of the Book of Mormon. There's only so much "if you touch something that touched something that was next to a dead thing, you must wash yourself seven times, kill a goat, three lambs and two oxen, then do the hokie pokie and turn yourself around, then you'll only be considered unclean until the evening" that a guy can take all at one time. Every once in a while I come across something that is ridiculously awesome though. That's why I keep reading it. Kind of an interesting parallel to life I guess though. You have to wade through a lot of annoying stuff, and if you stick to it, you get to see something cool every once in a while.
Anyway, I love and miss you all. Peace out.
Elder Balmforth
P.s. 70/30 rule, totally true.

No comments:

Post a Comment