Monday, October 22, 2012

October 22. 2012

Hello Everyone,
Well I just want you to know that the strangest thing ever happened to me last Monday right after I finished emailing. I went to get a haircut because Elder Holland is coming in a few days, and as the guy was cutting my hair, he reached over with the clippers and cut my eyebrows before I could even react, and then he continued on as if it wasn't strange. It was ridiculous. They're not gone, just really short now. What's even stranger, is that it's actually kind of nice. I'll never do it again probably, but it doesn't feel as weird as I thought it would.
I also had my interview with President Omer this week. I really love that man. He always makes me feel better about how I'm doing as a missionary. I hope I can be like him someday. He's an awesome guy.
On a way less cool note. I got robbed yesterday. In the middle of the day, on a busy street, two thugs snuck up behind us, pulled a knife and took our phone, our wallets, Elder Anyoso's scriptures and our flat keys. So right now I'm sitting in the clothes I wore yesterday because we couldn't get past any of the burglar bars into our flat last night. Amazingly though, they didn't take my backpack which had my camera and scriptures in it. We're ok though, although it really seemed like they wanted to stab Elder Anyoso. They did let me take my home card and my ID out before they they took off though. I asked them if I could have my food card too, but they just cursed at me then left. It was worth a try though.
Hopefully the locksmith will come and change the locks on our flat today so I can change my clothes and everything. Typical Africa  the landlord doesn't have any spare keys and blamed us for not getting copies made. It's ok though.
We did have a good week teaching though. And I have seen a lot of the Lord's tender mercies in my life this week. I just had to look for them.
I love and miss you all. I hope you don't get mugged this week.
Elder Balmforth

No comments:

Post a Comment